Try these easy quick protein hormone balancing balls for your on the GO Sunday sweetness afternoons. !!!! remember when we are balancing out hormones- BLOOD sugar is THE KEY and a huge underlying factor for most of our hormonal issues. Blood sugar WHEN maintained will allow you to release stored fat, increase metabolism, have stable energy throughout your day and a deeper better nights rest. !!!!!! I got this recipe , added and changed quite a bit , from " I quit sugar" blog with Sarah Wilson -check it out , shes awesome !!!! #sugarfreeliving #hormonalbalance #brittanylynnwellness #paleo
- 1 cup mixed raw cashews.
- 1 cup quinoa flakes----- or oatmeal if you are not sensitive to bits of gluten
- 1/4 cup cacao powder.
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1 teaspoon maca powder.
- 1 teaspoon ashwaganda powder ( from health food store ) tincture will not be the same
- 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder. ( i suggest using a vegan if your dairy sensitive)
- pinch sea salt.
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup.
- 2/3 cups nut butter or seed butter- sunflower/pumpkin - will change the taste.
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk.
- desiccated unsweetened coconut (for rolling).
You will need- Food Processor or Vitamix- **
1. Place nuts and oats in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. The mix should be slightly chunky to help hold the balls together.
2. Place nut and oat-quinoa mixture in a large mixing bowl and stir through the cacao, cinnamon, maca, protein powder, ashawaganda powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the nut butter and rice malt syrup. Add this to the dry ingredients, using your hands to rub the ingredients together.
4. The mix should be quite dry and will not stick together. Gradually add in the almond milk, using your hands to work the moisture through the mixture.
5. as the texture starts to be created, shape mixture into balls.
6. Add coconut ( roll the balls in the coconut if desired) , Store in fridge or freezer ( i do freezer)